With the current truck driver shortage and shrinking pool of qualified prospects working against you, your trucking company must continue to put your message in front of your audience. To recruit truck drivers, you have to remind your prospects what you have to offer so when they're ready to apply, they will think of YOU--not your competitors. One of the most effective ways to do this is through retargeting.
Retargeting, also known as remarketing, allows you to serve display ads to people who have previously visited your site. This helps you keep your brand in front of bounced traffic after they leave your website.
How it works:
1. People visit your website.
2. They leave without filling out an application.
3. Later, while browsing the web, they see your retargeted ad.
4. Their interest is recaptured and they return to your site. The person completes your desired action.
If you're recruiting truck drivers, here are 3 ways to retarget them:
1. Site-Based Retargeting - enables you to show your ads to your website visitors as they browse the web.
The goal is to send potential drivers to your site or landing page and take action, such as filling out an application. With site retargeting, you can serve display ads to people who visited your site but left with without completing an app. It keeps your brand top of mind among those users, bringing them back to your site and improving conversion rates.
2. Facebook Retargeting - allows you to show your ads on Facebook to the users who have visited your site.
According to Mashable, 2014's most popular mobile app is Facebook:
Facebook is the social media network potential drivers are accessing and interacting with on a daily basis. Through retargeting on Facebook, you can serve retargeted ads to your site visitors in their News Feed.
Not only are truck drivers mobile, they’re using social media to stay in touch with family and friends. This is a fantastic recruitment method to keeping your brand in front of valuable driver prospects and reaching them on the most popular social network.
3. Audience Retargeting - enables you to optimize your advertising spend by serving targeted advertisements to people who have previously engaged with you online, whether they opened an email, visited your website, engaged with you on social media, searched for relevant keywords or signed up for email updates.
This type of retargeting is a little more advanced, and is extremely effective when it comes to driver recruitment advertising. You can use demographic, geographic, behavioral, contextual, interest, and intent-based data to target your ideal audience. Then, you can serve display ads all over the web, recruiting more qualified truck drivers.
This precise audience targeting prevents you from wasting ad impressions on irrelevant audiences, and instead enables you to drive higher-converting traffic to your site to increase your return on ad spend.
Want to try retargeting to recruit drivers? Contact the Hightower Agency, one of the top driver recruitment ad agenies in the industry. We offer a wide variety of services including: email marketing, pay-per-click, geotargeting, blogging, data mining, creation of landing pages, search engine marketing, direct response marketing, content creation, social media marketing, creation of mobile sites, PURL campaigns, radio advertising, publication ads, brochures, Internet placement, newspaper placement, ad copy, website redesign and more.
Click below to learn about remarketing with the Google Display Network:
What's your biggest recruiting challenge? Comment on our blog below!