Wouldn’t it be nice for potential drivers to express interest in your trucking company and happily and easily provide their contact information to you? Through inbound marketing and active lead generation efforts, this is absolutely possible.
Before we really get to business on ways to grow truck driver leads, let’s just start with the basics.
What is a lead?
A lead is a person in some way, shape or form shown indicated interest in your company’s product or service. This person showed interest by willingly submitting their contact info. Basically, a lead is generated by information collection (and we’re going to tell you the best ways to collect this information, i.e. grow truck driver leads!)
Why do I need lead generation?
Lead generation is a unique and effective inbound marketing technique used to attract potential truck drivers. It is a tool we highly suggest using in your driver recruitment 2014 plans.
When you implement lead generation efforts, you’re providing content for your audience that will get them naturally interested in your company. It’s powerful when it comes to driver recruitment because it’s a way of warming up potential drivers to your company and getting them on the path to applying and eventually driving for you. By drivers showing an interest in your company, they’re the ones starting the relationship, making it easier and more natural for them to drive for you at some point. That’s why you need to grow driver leads through inbound marketing because frankly — cold calling doesn’t work. You want to form a relationship with prospective drivers and allow them to become comfortable and engaged.
Now that we understand the importance of lead generation to recruit truck drivers and why you need to include this inbound marketing tactic in your driver recruitment advertising strategy, let’s cover ways to grow truck driver leads.
5 Ways to Grow Truck Driver Leads
1. Improve Your Driver Application – As a trucking company, you most likely already have an application for drivers to fill out on your website. But there’s a lot more to it than just having one; it should actually draw in visitors with the goal of more completed, qualified applications. So how do you do that? Your driver app should be 1) on a landing page 2) mobile-friendly 3) eyecatching. Want to know more? Check out these tips to improve your driver application.
2. Provide a Compelling Offer – If you’re a trucking company and brainstorming ways to recruit and retain drivers, provide a compelling offer or a call-to-action (CTA) on your recruiting website. For example, place an enticing offer on your website that will prompt your visitors to take action such as: downloading a free eBook, whitepaper, or coupon for a special event. When visitors see this offer, they’ll will become intrigued and submit their email address and any other required information to receive that offer. BAM! You’ve converted your visitor to a lead through an offer. This is an excellent way to grow truck driver leads!
3. Include a “Read More” Button – In any place you display a feed of content (such as your blog site), you probably don’t want to display the whole post on the homepage. Entice your homepage viewers to click on individual posts by featuring the first few paragraphs of your content followed by a “read more” CTA. This is an simple way to improve lead generation.
Besides allowing more content to be featured on your homepage feed, “read more” buttons make sure that your engaging posts receive the stats they deserve. That way, people will have to click through to read any post instead of scrolling down on the homepage, which ensures that the post itself gets credited with its own traffic, not the homepage.
4. Provide a “Register” button – Do you have a job fair or event coming up? If you are throwing a job fair, it’s pretty clear you’re going to want to get prospective drivers to attend. Use an event CTA to raise awareness of the event AND generate leads. Not only will visitors have the ability to register, but you are also promoting the job fair which will result in a better turn out! A win-win.
Does your trucking company hold giveaways? This is fun idea to grow truck driver leads by providing a landing page about the prize and a place for participants to register to win. Giveaways and promotions are always effective because let’s face it… everybody loves freebies!
5. Share offers on multiple channels – When you’re all set with a driver application that’s user-friendly and looking fabulous, a compelling call-to-action, and/or an event registration landing page, promote these offers to increase your driver leads even more. Here are a few platforms you can link your landing page URLs:
- Social media – Share your offer multiple times on social media channels by extracting different parts. For example, if you have 10 tips in your offer, share one tip a day.
- Email blasts – This one is great for a “Register” CTA. If you have an upcoming event or promotion, distribute a customized email blast linking to your landing page.
- Blog posts – We suggest to always put your CTAs at the bottom of your blog posts; this way, readers will soak in all of your content first, then begin the conversion process.
- PPC (pay-per-click) campaigns – Experiment with different targeting options on your PPC campaigns in order to use your offer in numerous ways. This will help you generate more leads while learning what works best.
Interested in more information on how to grow truck driver leads? Contact the Hightower Agency here for more information about our driver recruiting services. Our recruitment advertising agency can get your trucking company where it needs to be.
Some of our truck driver recruitment services include: creating effective call-to-actions, retargeting on Facebook, data mining, search engine marketing, creation of landing pages, developing responsive websites, public relations for the trucking industry, radio advertising, remarketing, social media, creating blogs to generate more driver leads, managing Facebook ads to recruit drivers, email marketing, Google AdWords, creation of mobile sites, ad campaigns, publication ads, brochures, Internet placement, newspaper placement, ad copy, website redesign and more.
Click below to see why you need landing pages to convert truck driver leads: