Is Google+ Worth It?
With only so many hours in a day, it’s no wonder why many people consider Google+ an afterthought compared to other projects like website maintenance, email marketing, and publishing to major social networks like Facebook and Twitter. After all, where do you find the time to cultivate yet another social community, and why would you do so on Google+ if you’re not entirely sure it’s worth it?
It’s understandable why some people remain unconvinced, but YES–it is worth it. There’s one reason why your trucking company shouldn’t ignore Google+ entirely, and that reason is SEO.
The bottom line is that Google dominates the search market and has a bias toward Google+ content, so any company that’s recruiting drivers and looking to boost their overall search engine visibility can’t ignore this social media outlet.
It’s no secret we all embrace today’s digital, Internet-driven, mobile-device culture. Potential truck drivers are and will search on Google for driver jobs; therefore, SEO should heavily be a part of your recruiting.
Here’s why Google+ is great for SEO, and what you can do to optimize your efforts:
1. You can get additional, free real estate in search results.
Businesses on Google+ get prime real estate you can’t even buy. Google displays information about that brand complete with a link to their G+ page so searchers can follow that brand right from the search results page:
2. Google indexes public posts from Google+, so every post you publish increases the chances of your brand appearing in search engine results.
When you consistently post to Google+ using target keywords, such as “truck driving jobs” or “hiring truck drivers”, Google recognizes this, increasing your chances of being seen by users actively searching for driving jobs.
SEE ALSO: 6 Quick Tips for the Perfect Social Media Post
3. You can get Google to index web content faster.
Unlike the past when it was a long process for Google to index your content, you can now just share web pages to Google+. If you want your website or blog content to get indexed fast, share it to G+.
Rand Fishkin, SEO Expert and Co-Founder of Moz, says “Google+ is the new Google Submit URL box.”
** Tip: When it comes to using this tool to generate driver leads, first focus on creating useful, lead gen content that your audience of prospective drivers will find valuable. Then, use Google+ to drive traffic to your landing pages where you can convert visitors into qualified leads.
4. Your website and blog content can rank higher in search results through the +1 button.
Google’s ‘+1’ social sharing button allows your site visitors to recommend your content on Google Search and share it on Google+. For example, the Hightower blog site has this on each blog post so our readers (YOU!) can share it.
Having this social sharing button can only help, so it’s wise to have a +1 button on your recruitment content.
5. You can optimize your Google+ page & posts – 3 tips:
- Publish consistently – The easiest and most effective thing you can do to get value out of your page is to regularly publish the great content you’re (hopefully) already creating to it. The more often you publish, the better the results.
- Optimize the first 50 characters of your posts – The first 45-50 characters of your G+ post becomes that post’s page title in Google’s search results, so craft that first line to include keywords you’re trying to rank for.
- Fill out your company info – If you don’t have a Google+ page, first you need to set it up correctly so you can drive traffic to your website. This includes photos, company story, and most importantly, the links section (bulk up this area of your G+ page with links to your website, blog, and social media networks.)
- Google+, like all digital platforms, will evolve. The SEO benefits of this social platform make it worth it to maintain an active presence there.
- Having an active page on G+ helps Google index more of your content faster, increasing your chances of getting discovered by potential drivers.
- Focus first on your overall content and lead generation strategies. Then, repackage what you’ve already created for Google+ to drive traffic to your landing pages.
- Optimize your Google+ page by filling out your company profile. Optimize your G+ posts with keywords you want to rank for.
SEE ALSO: Remarketing Drivers within the Google Display Network
Create a Google+ page for your brand HERE. Need help improving SEO to recruit drivers or want more recruitment advertising tips? Contact the Hightower Agency, one of the top driver recruitment advertising agencies in the industry!