The need for qualified truck drivers makes it important for you to reach out to potential drivers in as many ways as you can. One of the most important ways to reach potential drivers is through job search web sites. More than any other medium, people seeking truck driving positions look to the Internet and, specifically, to driver job boards and job websites to find potential positions. Searching online is fast, convenient and easy to use for drivers looking for the best match for their skills and personal requirements.
As your trucking company looks to recruit truck drivers, it’s important to do your research before you place an ad with an employment search site. There are several websites that are specific to truck drivers and these sites offer lists of open positions; many also offer blogs and news about the industry.
Here are a few truck driver job boards and job aggregator sites:
- EveryTruckJob.com boasts a large database of trucking jobs online. It’s a free service dedicated to helping professional truck drivers find new truck driving jobs.
- BestDriverJobs.com sends the driver’s application to every top-ranked company that matches the company job description. They offer opportunities for jobs with the carriers they work with.
- TruckJobSeekers.com matches the driver qualification with the qualifications a company is looking for. By applying for a specific truck driving career, applicants can get connected to dozens of companies.
- JobsInTrucks is a job board for Class A and Class B drivers, Owner/Operators and driver trainees. JobsInTrucks.com lists driver jobs from most trucking companies, carriers and company fleets.
- HiringTruckDrivers.com reviews trucking companies for pay & benefits. Their Driver Application matches drivers to companies.
- Layover.com includes a free OTR Job Match service to help drivers find trucking opportunities available
- ClassADrivers.com is dedicated to helping truck drivers find truck driving jobs whether it’s Owner/Operators, company drivers or recent truck driving school graduates.
- HiringDriversNow.com allows visitors to search all local, regional, dedicated, and OTR driver jobs.
- HireMaster.com connects truck drivers to trucking companies across the U.S. It’s designed to be the ultimate vertical search engine targeting specifically the trucking industry.
- Indeed.com is one of the fastest growing job aggregator sites with over 100 million unique visitors per month. Over half of those people searching for employment in the U.S. searched through Indeed. The site is free for job seekers and it helps job seekers set up job searches that will be sent directly to their inbox.
- Craigslist.org is the most simple and bare-boned options of all of the job search engines. Jobs are posted directly to the website by the employer. Many people enjoy the use of Craigslist specifically for it’s simplicity.
- SimplyHired.com is a job aggregator site that collects job listings from a large variety of sites across the web and distributes the jobs across its website. They have a good blog you can check out, too.
- LinkUp is a job search engine that searches over 40,000+ company websites, building an up-to-date list of jobs on the Internet.
There are literally dozens of sites that you should consider when you are recruiting truck drivers. The task of sorting through which is best for your needs takes time, so feel free to contact The Hightower Agency and we would be happy to find which job sites to recruit truck drivers fits your company’s needs!